Green Cleaning Products Save Money: Reduce Spending by Using Natural Cleaning Agents in your Home
Using natural cleaning products is a surefire way to save money. Not only do they it curb expenditures on expensive chemical-based detergents and cleaners that grace supermarket shelves, they are also safer to use for the home. Green cleaning agents are gentler on the family as well as the environment. Here are the basic two cleaners that every homemaker needs for their home.
- Vinegar added to water makes an excellent cleaning agent for the floor, rattan furniture, windows and mirrors.
- To clean the floor and wooden furniture, mix vinegar and water into a pail and use a mop or cloth to clean the hard surface. Wipe over the surface with a dry cloth. For complete effectiveness, try to ensure that mixture is comprised of equal amounts of vinegar and water.
- To clean windows and mirrors, add the two to a hand-held spray bottle and do the same. In fact, using the same solution on mould and mildew helps remove the fungus to ensure attractive walls.
- Vinegar can even help remove stains from curtains, sofa fabrics and carpets. Dip a wet cloth into vinegar and blot out the undesirable marks. If this does not work, try borax on the stains and allow them to settle. Follow-up with blotting with vinegar on a damp cloth.
- Baking soda works well in the dining, kitchen and bathroom where the stains are more water-based.
- Sprinkle some baking soda into warm water and clean the dining table. The solution is only mildly abrasive, so it should not harm the furniture.
- In the kitchen, sprinkle baking soda onto the surface and wipe over with a damp cloth. If there are stains and crusts in your microwave or oven, baking soda will also help remove them when the microwave or oven is still warm. Wipe thoroughly with a warm cloth.
- Foul odour from the garbage bag can be eliminated by pouring in some baking soda before the garbage begins accumulating.
- Lastly, baking soda on the porcelein in the bathroom will help remove unwanted stains. Scrub with a bristled brush for the best effect. Wash with plenty of warm water and wipe dry afterwards.
The combination of vinegar and baking soda can be lethal to dirt and grime. Clean the garbage disposal and toilets by pouring some baking soda down them followed by cup of vinegar. After the solution fizzes, flush it down with a cold water.
With just vinegar and baking soda, ensure a cleaner healthier home without overspending on cleaning detergents.